Compatibility of family and career
The SFB1032 envisions a family-friendly and supportive climate, allowing young fathers and mothers to balance their scientific work with their family duties.
The SFB1032 encourages its members to come up with ideas and suggestions of new strategies and structures for a healthy work-life-balance. The aim is to shape a family-friendly and supportive atmosphere.
For any questions please contact: N.N.
Aim of the SFB1032
- Female junior scientists are strongly encouraged to participate in and to integrate into the Graduate Program (MGK) of the SFB1032. In addition, the SFB1032 makes great efforts to prevent female junior researchers of dropping out after pregnancy or due to family issues by actively supporting their return after maternity leave.
- The SFB1032 together with the Center for Nanoscience (CeNS) organises an informal parents meeting every 3 months. There mothers and fathers along with parents to be and PhD students/group leaders who are thinking about having children meet up to share their experiences, get new insight and last but not least to network.
- Workshops, committees and meetings concerning the SFB1032 are scheduled at times that are covered by regular daycares, so that staff with children and part-time staff is be able to attend.
- The SFB1032 supports parents in sharing offices with their babies and infants when necessary. To facilitate this, some furniture and toys (foldable cot, blankets, toys for children of different age) will be offered.
Child care facilities offered by the LMU
- LMU-Rabauken (Creche, Eltern-Kind-Initiative)
- Campuskinder (Creche, Studentenwerk München)
- Unikleckse (Creche, Studentenwerk München)
=> further creches by the Studentenwerk München here...
- LMU Family Service (e. g. when your child is sick) link
- Parent and child room at the LMU link...
- Information brochure by the LMU here..
- More information by the LMU can be found on this website..
Creche and Kindergarten offered by the City of Munich:
- to apply for a place you have to go through the KitaFinder
Financial support during pregnancy
Pregnant experimental scientists, who have to carry out experiments carrying a potential risk for the fetus are supported by a technician during the course of the pregnancy.